And Other Hebrew Words from the Website
- Zayin is the 7th letter of the Hebrew alphabet.
- For further explanation see Alef-Beit Significances.
- Also see: The Mystical Significance of the Hebrew Letters (including an image and audio pronunciation of each letter).
- Zeir Anpin ("the small face" [Aramaic]):
- Ze'ir Anpin is the partzuf of the midot, corresponding to the emotive faculties of the soul. In general, the concept of "finitude" or "finite power" is identified with Ze'ir Anpin. See Arich Anpin.
For further explanation see: Olam HaAtzilut—Zeir Anpin.
- Zivug ("coupling"):
- Zivug is an idiom for marital relations.
- Zohar ("Splendor"):
- The Zohar is the seminal work of the Kabbalah, written by Rabbi Shimon bar Yochai (2nd century) and his students. It is one of the basic texts of the oral Torah and Kabbalah. The Zoharic literature includes the Zohar proper, the Tikunei Zohar, and the Zohar Chadash.
- Zot Chanukah ("This is the Dedication"):
- Zot Chanukah is the name associated with the last day of Chanukah.