Summary of the Ten Alef-Beit Significances
- 1. Concept:
- The underlying conceptual principle associated with the letter.
- 2. Meaning:
- The literal meaning of the letter's name.
- 3. Shape:
- The primary visual association related to the letters shape.
- 4. Number:
- The numerical value of the letter as calculated in Gematria.
Basic correspondences in the three dimensions of:
- 5. Space:
- The physical elements, the celestial bodies and the zodiacal signs.
- 6. Time:
- The seasons, the days of the week and the months of the year.
- 7. Soul:
- The limbs and organs of the human body responsible for mediating related experiences of self.
8. Quality, gift or sense:
Specific innate or acquired expressions of lived experience, controlled by the above limbs and organs of the soul.
Archetypal figures from the history of Israel.
The horizontal, vertical and diagonal channels linking the Ten Sefirot.